We had another appetizer dinner last Wednesday…chicken wengs, I meant wings. :) It’s really called “Sweet and Gooey Chicken Wings” and had mixed reviews from people who have already tried doing it. Since most of the reviews were mostly good anyway, I went ahead and tested the recipe.
Before Pic – chicken wings bathing in marinade
After Pic – from fair-skinned to dark-skinned gooeyness ;)
We ate the chicken with hot rice and ranch dip. It was finger lickin’ good! :mrgreen:
Although I found the recipe to be ok, next time, I might experiment a little by adding a little more brown sugar. ;)
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh ginger root
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 1/2 pounds chicken wings
- In 9 x 13 inch casserole, combine soy sauce, brown sugar, oil, ginger and garlic powder. Mix until brown sugar completely dissolves into the mixture. Place the chicken wings in the dish and turn them over until they are all well coated. Cover the dish and refrigerate for at least 4 hours. Turn the chicken again after two hours.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Bake chicken at 350 degress F (175 degrees C) covered for 45 minutes. Turn the chicken wings, and spoon sauce from the bottom of the pan over the tops of the wings. Cook an additional 50 minutes, uncovered.