Adobo Rice with Fried Egg

adobo rice with fried egg

Ok, not exactly the healthiest meal there is but hubby didn’t complain when served this bowl of adobo rice and fried egg for breakfast last Thursday. :D I saved the sauce from the chicken adobo we had some nights ago and finally found good use for it. I would have done so sooner but it’s fairly rarely that we have enough left over rice for fried rice. :) See the rice here? That’s all the left over rice we had. Not even one cup! ;) Maybe I ought to cook more rice. Hahaha!

Happy Easter everyone and have a great week ahead! :D

“Let the resurrection joy lift us from loneliness and weakness and despair to strength and beauty and happiness.” ~ Floyd W. Tomkins

Comments

6 Responses to “Adobo Rice with Fried Egg”

1. tigerfish says:

That’s a beautiful fried egg! How did it turn out so perfect?

Hi Tigerfish! I’ve been asked this question before. Hahaha! A lot of practice, I guess. :D The fire is turned to medium to low when I do this. And when I flip the egg to cook the eggwhites that cover the yolk, I kinda hold my breath. Seriously! I don’t know if it actually helps. Hahaha! :D

who wants healthy when you can eat something so simple, yet so good? i love full breakfast meals like this. :D

Hi Abby! Oh I just love adobo rice, too! Hahaha! Hubby loves breakfasts like this, too. Hindi siya feeling napabayaan kasi mas may effort kesa tinapay at palaman. Hahaha! :D

3. You can never go wrong with fried rice for breakfast – especially the adobo flavored ones!

Hi Keith! I totally agree. The ultimate Pinoy breakfast would be fried rice (garlic or adobo) and kahit anong ulam na bagay sa sinangag. Hahaha!

staple food yan dito sa amin. that is, before masabihan si hubby ng doctor to avoid egg yolks and fatty food bec of his cholesterol chuva. pero di naman masama once in a while di ba? (pasaway, haha!)

Hi Mee! I love it when you say “chuva”. Hahaha! E kay A lang naman bawal ang egg yolks e. ;) You can have some pag nasa office siya. Hee hee! Bad influence! :D

5. Jeric says:

Reminds me of the adobo rice we had at Cafe Bola last time we had dinner with Mike. There was even a talent manager from GMA 7 who was fond of Abby and that night, pero mukhang si Mommy yung gustong mag pa discover! hehehehe…

Hi Jer! Oh yeah, ha! I remember that dinner. :) I like Cafe Bola’s no nonsense menu. And about that talent manager, he should’ve offered Abby a commercial spot or something right there and then. Hahaha! And excuse me, I never had any grand illusions of superstardom. :P

6. Jeric says:

Sorry Mark “Boyong” Manalac pala and not Mike…

Hi again, Jer! I’m going to tell on you, which is why I didn’t delete this comment when I could have. Hahaha! You forgot the name of our one other barkada. Hahaha! :P