WS & WW #8: The County Line at San Antonio

Last week, we had relatives from the Philippines visit us.  With the very limited time we had (only 2 full days excluding their arrival and departure days), we made sure we brought them to two of our favorite places:  San Antonio for a little sightseeing, and The County Line for the best barbecue beef ribs.

the county line

Time permitting, we always make it a point to bring house guests to The County Line, usually, the one at “Austin on the Lake” (there’s one at “Austin on the Hill”).  It’s a very good thing that there was one at the San Antonio River Walk as well.  It meant we didn’t have to make a 2-hour drive back to Austin for the best finger-lickin’ ribs. ;)

hungry people! :D

Counterclockwise from the pretty little girl in red licking butter from the single serve container:  Abby, my hubby, Fr. Kit (our uncle), Ninang (Godmother) Petite, Tito (Uncle) Jess, and Rina.

barbecue beef ribs & pork ribs

We only ordered a few things, which were nevertheless big in size: soft freshyly baked whole wheat bread served with honey butter, beef rib platter smothered with barbecue sauce, 1/2 baby back rib platter also smothered with barbecue sauce…

chicken barbecue

…and a chicken platter with barbecue sauce on the side.  We had a couple of side dishes too, mostly mashed potato and cole slaw.

Rina and her beef rib ;)

Rina tried her best to eat with a knife and fork but we kept teasing her to use her bare hands…the all-American/Texan way.  :)  She relented in the end but wrapped a napkin at the end of the beef rib as compromise.  Hee hee.

happy camper :)

There’s a popular line in the Philippines often used when eating meat with the bone in: “Sarap (Delicious) to the bones”.  Such is the case with the beef ribs.  I’m still in awe at how my uncle cleaned up his beef ribs. Definitely yummy to the bones! :D

what's missing?

How do you think we liked our meal?  Hee hee. :D

I have another entry HERE.

and Wordless Wednesday (Monday Edition)

Comments

20 Responses to “WS & WW #8: The County Line at San Antonio”

1. maiylah says:

am so sure hubby would clean up his share, too! lol.
    great that you all had a fun time!
    happy WS

Hi Maiylah! I’m guessing your hubby is every bit a carnivore, too like mine! Hahaha! :)

2. bela says:

wow, looks like it is really sarap to the bones.

mine is up too. hope you can check it out:

Mine is up too. Hope you can check it out.

Hi Bela! Sarap to the bones is right! :)

3. marcia says:

looks soooo yummy i am now hungry

Hi Marcia! Sorry I made you hungry! Hahaha! :D

4. picturing says:

i love your meal :D

Will you visit mine Thanks

Hi Picturing! Meals at The County Line are truly the best!. :)

5. juliana rw says:

nice weekend you have…

Please check out mine Thanks

Hi Juliana! It was truly a nice weekend. :)

6. […] For the best beef ribs, please visit my other entry HERE. […]

7. abie says:

i love the baby back ribs of Racks but this looks ten times better than Racks’ famous ribs.

Mine is up too. Hope you can check it out.

Hi Abie! I have to agree with you, this is 10x better than Rack’s. These ribs are super moist and tender! :) Thanks for dropping by. :)

8. tigerfish says:

I’ll do without the fork! It’s just to difficult in face of those finger lickin’ ribs :D

Hi Tigerfish! Bare hands is really the way to go. Hahaha! :)

9. napaboaniya says:

That’s a real huge slab of ribs! :P I’m turning hungry staring at these pics

Hi Elaine! It was so huge that it fed 4-5 people! :)

Parang wala masyado kayong gana ha! Hehehe! :mrgreen:

Now I’m really praying we also get our chance to visit you guys soon!

Hi Pinks! Hindi siguro sila nasatisfy sa lunch sa outlet. Hee hee. Pero hindi, masarap lang talaga ang ribs. Nakita mo dapat ang Papa mo na enjoy na enjoy sa pag wipe ng sauce with his bread. Hahaha! At ang ribs, talagang sarap to the bones si Tito Jess! :D

Basta make sure to visit us pag napunta kayo ng US ha. :) Saka huwag naman super short tulad nila Rina. Wala tayong magagawa. Daming places na puwedeng puntahan where the kids will enjoy. :)

wowowow! i was craving for bbq last saturday, lalo mo akong pinatakam! :D

Hi Abby! Naku, hindi ko sinasadyang patakim ka. Baka magalit si baby! :D

12. jamie says:

Ohh man that looks so yummy! my DH was recently at River Walk. He had a great time exploring. He’s Old Guard Army and took part in the Fiesta going on. Your WW just made me real hungry :)

Hi Jamie! I love the River Walk. I could spend a good time there just chillin’. :) Is the Fiesta still on? I’ve been hearing about it but haven’t checked it out. :)

ang laki naman ng beef na yan, natakot ako haha! pero bilib ako sa inyo, ubos! :D

Hi Meeya! Sa mga kasama ko ka bumilib. Wala akong kinalaman sa pagkaubos ng ribs! Hahaha! :)

14. Tink *~*~* says:

Mmmmmm, ribs! I love ribs. I have never been to Texas (yet) but it’s on my list, just for the ribs!

Tink *~*~*

Hi Tink! You should definitely come to Texas for ribs! :)

15. maria says:

Wow, that is making me very hungry. I bet it was delicious.

Hi Maria! Everything was delicious. :) Hee hee! Thanks for dropping by!

16. Thess says:

hanubeyan, ginutom naman ako sa ribs!

ang sarap kakain ni Abby oh =)

Hi Thess! Kayang-kaya mong gumawa nyan! Si Abby naman, mantikilya lang ang katapat. Nakaapat yata! Grabe! :D

17. julie says:

Wow, that looks positively delicious. Mahal yan dito sa atin, hehehe. We had the best tasting ribs too, for the blog events I attended ;)

Have a great week, Weng.

Hi Julie! I could just imagine how much ribs would cost there. Katuwa ang blog event na pinuntahan mo. Kain galore! My kind of event! Hahaha! I hope you’re having a fine week, Julie! :)

18. […] Yummy barbecue: beef ribs, pork ribs and chicken with loads of side dishes and a loaf of soft, thick homemade whole wheat bread.  I posted more pictures from our al-fresco dinner at the Riverwalk HERE. […]

19. tin says:

ang sarap ng ribs, weng! nabusog ako sa pics! :)

Hi Tin! I’m glad at nabusog kita! Hahaha! :D

20. Weng, we haven’t eaten ribs in a long while. Now, I am craving for one… thanks to that tempting slab of meat up there.

Hi Keith! These ribs are really sooooo good! We’ll take you to the County Line once you get your butts over here. Pronto! :)