I have made banana choco chip muffins countless of times. But this latest batch tops ’em all. Why? Because Abby, my almost 4-year old daughter actively participated in making them! This is our first kitchen project and definitely worth blogging about. Hee hee. :)
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking sodia
1/2 teaspoon salt (We used sea salt.)
3 large bananas, mashed
3/4 cup white sugar
1/4 cup milk (We used light soy milk.)
1/3 cup butter, melted
1/2 cup (or more!) semi-sweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Coat muffin pans with non-stick spray or line with paper cups.
Line the muffin pan with paper cups.
2. Sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt; set aside.
Sift, sift, sift.
3. Combine bananas, sugar, egg, melted butter and chocolate chips in a large bowl.
Beat the eggs lightly.
Mix together the bananas, sugar, egg, butter and milk.
4. Fold in flour mixture, and mix until smooth.
The art of ingredient folding. :D
5. Scoop into muffin pans.
Optional: Lick the batter off the spatula and mixing bowl. :P
Go ahead, lick the batter off the spatula! ;)
6. Bake in preheated oven. Bake mini muffins for 10-15 minutes, and large muffins for 25-30 minutes. Muffins will spring back when lightly tapped.
The finished product.
Quality control :D
Easily, the best banana choco chip muffins that came out of our oven! Promise! :)
Have an awesome week ahead!