La.Pi.S. #4: Summer Drinks

I didn’t want to do any more recycling of photos for this week’s Lasang Pinoy.  I originally planned on making a banana smoothie because I have bananas in the freezer waiting so desperately to be used.  However, it’s the July 4th (long) weekend here in the US.  That meant our restless and certified Pinoy feet were out of the house for most of the time throughout the three-day weekend.  So no banana smoothies.  Hee hee. :D

I decided to just take a pic of my drink for lunch earlier today, which, I dare say, is one of the more popular drinks anywhere…Iced Tea…

Coming from the Philippines, iced tea for me means the overly sweet “Nestea”.  But after a year of living in the US, my tastebuds have already gotten accustomed to unsweetened iced tea.  I sweeten it, of course!  Hee hee. :)  Don’t you think iced tea is so versatile?  It’s a beverage one can drink anytime:  lunch, dinner, midmorning & midafternoon snacks, picnic at the park, outing at the beach, watching dvds at home while relaxing in one’s home theater furniture, etcetera, etcetera. :)

Between iced tea and fresh fruit juices, my vote will always go to fresh fruit juices.  We’re lucky that watermelons, honeydews and cantaloupes are quite abundant here.  And they’re sweet, too!  Too bad I can’t say the same about the mangoes.  I miss my Philippine mangoes! :(

With that, I raise my glass of iced tea.  Cheers!

Comments

6 Responses to “La.Pi.S. #4: Summer Drinks”

1. maiylah says:

so hot right now … i want one of those! :D
    refreshing shot!

2. marites says:

tutuo ka..had to put some sugar on my iced tea when I got in US. matamis ang Pinoy iced tea kasi..sanay ako doon:)

3. iska says:

i actually like my iced tea not too sweet but with lemon :-)
    hmmm… makabili nga ng tea bukas. sarap!

4. Weng, in my opinion, iced tea is more popular than softdrinks in the Philippines. I can drink several glasses of it while waiting for my food. I also prefer the unsweetened version with syrup (of course).

miss ko na rin mga mangga! huhu.

anyway, ako din i prefer the iced tea na dito after narealize ko na puro asukal yata ang timpla sa atin sa pinas, hehe. hinay-hinay sa iced tea, though. yung isang friend ko developed gallstones (or was it kidney stones) because of iced tea daw (sabi ng doc, hehe!).

6. ces says:

i remember my first encounter with iced tea in the US, twas @ UNO bar and grille ata or outback? not sure anyway, syempre nga i was so expecting a sweet iced tea…dapat pala ask for sweetener/honey right? pero the ones in those chinese buffets, ohmg! lasang…yikes! yah buti pa nga mag fruit juice better option pa talaga! you know what i miss? green mango juice! sa aristocrat nga ba? *drool*