Lasang Pinoy, Sundays #17: Finger Sandwiches and Beef Franks Wrapped in Bacon

This week’s Lasang Pinoy, Sundays’ theme is “Pica-Pica”.  I have two choices for you – one that is relatively healthy and another that you shouldn’t probably enjoy on a regular basis. *wink*

First up, Finger Sandwiches

To make these, I used lean turkey ham, cheddar cheese, a wee bit of light mayo and wheat bread.  Instead of simply cutting them into squares, I used my newly bought autumn-themed cookie cutters.  Even the cookie cutter shapes are of a healthy theme – leaves, pumpkin and apple!  That ought to count for something. Hee hee.

Ain’t it cute?  Hee hee.  No bigger than my fingers!

Next up, Beef Franks Wrapped in Bacon

I haven’t fried hotdogs/franks in what seems like forever.  I just boil them in a pan with water.  To make these, I sliced the bacon strips and beef franks in two, wrapped the beef frank slice with the bacon and secured with a toothpick, then fried them in hot oil.  Stick to the finger sandwiches if you’re on a diet and currently undergoing acne treatment.

For a healthier alternative, you may use  turkey or chicken hotdogs/franks in place of the beef franks and a turkey bacon in place of a regular bacon.  But where’s the fun in that? Hee hee!

Have a wonderful weekend and guten Appetit!

Comments

9 Responses to “Lasang Pinoy, Sundays #17: Finger Sandwiches and Beef Franks Wrapped in Bacon”

1. ang yummy naman nito!

gusto ko din yung bacon wrap up pero broccoli sticks ang laman, miss ko na teriyaki boy yum!

up na rin sakin.

2. Peachy says:

looks soooo delicious! by the way,got an award for you,drop by my site..have a nice day.

3. Jay says:

wow ang sarap, lalo na yung franks&bacon :)

a href=”http://agent112778.blogspot.com/2008/10/lapis17-pica-pica-finger-food.html”>eto aken lahok

magandang araw ka-lasa-ista :)
    Salamat sa pagbisita :)

4. G_mirage says:

Ang cute ng mini sandwiches! You used wheat bread pa, healthy talaga!

I also boil hotdogs lang, though I miss yung red hotdogs natin, grilled :D

Thanks for a wonderful, appetizing fotos, kain na ko lunch now! ;-)

Kitchenmaus

G_mirages last blog post..Food Friday – Chicken Pwet!

5. Weng, I like how you made those sandwiches look so yummy… the autumn design is a nice touch!

Siyempre, I think I can eat all those bacon-hotdogs… di bale ng hindi siya healthy!

Clicking Aways last blog post..LaPiS 017 – Pica-Pica

6. tigerfish says:

Nice sandwich shapes :)

7. ces says:

ay grabe talga sa sarap iyang bacon wrap na iyan! did once, dko na inulit haha! at ang cute naman talga ng sangwesh mo! cina-career mo na talga ang pag-b-bento ha!:)

cess last blog post..Lasang Pinoy, Sundays Week #17: a little of this, a little of that

you had me at bacon :D masyadong healthy naman yung turkey mini-sandwiches, parang di sang-ayon ang aking mga arteries, hehehe!

9. Mike says:

bacon-wrapped franks! huwaw! i simply love them . . .

Mikes last blog post..Pinoy Halo-Halo on Top Chef