Lasang Pinoy, Sundays #19: Hotdogs, Shrimps and Meatballs On a Stick

In the Philippines, hotdogs on sticks are a common party fare.

hotdogs

Photo Credit:  Photo by Owee Salva, taken on Abby’s 1st birthday party

I miss red hotdogs!  And no, these weren’t painted in a paint booth. I haven’t had red hotdogs in over a year now.  While they are available at the Asian supermarket, practicality just triumphs all the time.  Natural colored hotdogs are so much cheaper! :D

oOo

I ordered Grilled Shrimp Skewers at Denny’s for dinner a few hours ago, for La.Pi.S. purposes.  Oh, and because grilled shrimps are far healthier than most of the items on the Denny’s menu. *wink* The shrimp skewers were served on vegetable rice pilaf.  I had a side of mixed veggies, too!

I’m not a big Denny’s fan because the last 3 or 4 times we ate there, the food I ordered just doesn’t come up to par.  I don’t know if it’s because we were in good company tonight, but I really enjoyed everything that was on my plate.

oOo

I made turkey meatballs for lunch last Thursday.  It’s ketchup you see on the silicone cup but I found out that sweet and spicy sauce was a better match. ;)

Ingredients

• 1 pound ground turkey
  • 2 tablespoons bread crumbs
  • warm milk, about 3 tablespoons
  • 1/2 cup cream
  • 1 egg
  • salt & pepper
  • 1 egg yolk

Preparation:

Soften bread crumbs with milk and add to meat. Add cream and mix. Add egg and seasonings and stir. Roll into balls and fry.  Serve with your favorite dipping sauce.  Hubby preferred ketchup.  As I said, I liked the Thai sweet and spicy sauce. ;)

Enjoy what’s left of the weekend and have a great week ahead!  Cheers!

Comments

10 Responses to “Lasang Pinoy, Sundays #19: Hotdogs, Shrimps and Meatballs On a Stick”

1. peachkins says:

red hotdogs are the best!!!

peachkinss last blog post..Thick Toast with Pork Floss

Yum, yum… at yum pa rin! :D Delish entries as usual!

Miss ko na spiral hotdogs on a stick…

Pinkys last blog post..LaPiS: On A Stick

3. tigerfish says:

The hotdogs are really red! Why are they made so red?

4. Jay says:

i love the shrimp :)

eto aken lahok

magandang araw ka-lasa-ista :)
    Salamat sa pagbisita :)

Jays last blog post..La.Pi.S.#19: on a Stick

5. Weng, I miss those tender juicy hotdogs! For some reason, the ones they sell in the kiosk taste much better than those we fry at home… baka may nilalagay silang iba doon.

Thanks for sharing this, ngayon nag cra-crave na ako!

Clicking Aways last blog post..LaPiS 019 – On a Stick

6. luna miranda says:

hotdogs with pickles & mayo—sarap!:D your grilled shrimps look yummy. i remember eating at Denny’s once with some of a friend’s relatives when i visited LA…our lunch lasted till about 3 pm, it was a buffet.:D

luna mirandas last blog post..Lasang Pinoy, Sundays: On a Stick

7. ces says:

i hear ya on the practicality side weng! sobra db? kaya we seldom buy din from the Pinoy store, kahinayang e:)

cess last blog post..Lasang Pinoy, Sundays Week#19: On a Stick!

red hotdogs rock! :) and i hear you on denny’s, kaya mas type namin ang ihop hehe.

thanks for the recipe for the meatballs, i’ll try that soon. :D *muah*

On A Stick
    School of Fish

Meeyas last blog post..LaPiS19: On A Stick

9. G_mirage says:

Haay, natuwa ako sa first photo! Miss ko na yan, puro maputla lang kasi lagi ko nakikita lol. ANd thanks for including a meatball recipe, I sometimes add parmesan and omit salt ;-)

Enjoy your food!

G_mirages last blog post..Litratong Pinoy – Bago nga ba?

10. simon says:

hey have you tried the newly opened hotdog kiosk near ust? they serve hotdog sandwich with a twist. instead of a regularly slitted bun they put a hole in a oversized white bread using a hot metal rod (havent seen a machine before) which gives its unique character, a perforated bun on one end toasted from the inside making it hot and supple on the outside. then they squeezed in different sauces (not relishes), ranging
    from remoulade, garlic, honey mustard, tropical fruits like mango, pineapple, tamarind as well as conventional sauces. once the sauces are in, they finally slide the hotdog, either deep fried or grilled ( its all meat i think, quality hotdog unlike the one’s available commercially) i enjoyed it, its new, its spill free. they deviced 3 way ordering system. its a belly busting experience for me. i ordered a ripper(deep fried hotdog with crinkly burst skin) combined with hot remoualde sauce, pineapple, garlic and honey mustard.
    its the best, i had a combination of hot, zesty, juicy and fruity hotdog sandwich. then washed it down with their brewed iced tea. sarapp. its located in a hard to find area near ust dapital, gelinos st 1st st after jollibee in front of a bus stn. the place is nice. the name is holly hotdogs.