Lasang Pinoy, Sundays #36: Blonde Brownies

The theme for this week’s Lasang Pinoy, Sundays (La.Pi.S.) is “I Love/Heart Food”.  Well, I do love food, obviously.  My dilemma was which one to post.  Since it’s Valentine’s weekend anyway, I decided to post an entry on a treat that I love to bake…Blonde Brownies or Blondies.  I made two batches of these to give away to my daughter’s teachers and my on-line buddies. :)

I fell in love with these blondies the first time I made them, that was in November 2007 (blog entry here).  It’s a classic case of love at first bite or love at first bake.  Unlike some recipes, which don’t quite work well the very first try, this always comes out perfect.

Here’s the recipe:

INGREDIENTS
2 cups packed light brown sugar
1 cup (2 sticks) butter or margarine, melted
2 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon salt
2/3 cup (of each) semi-sweet chocolate chips, peanut butter chips, white (chocolate chips)
chocolate chip drizzle (recipe follows)

PROCEDURE

1.  Heat oven to 350 degress F.  Grease 15 1/2 x 10 1/2 x 1 inch jelly-roll pan.
2.  Stir together brown sugar and butter in large bowl; beat in eggs and vanilla until smooth.  Add flour and salt, beating just until blended; stir in chocolate, peanut butter and white chips.  Spread batter into prepared pan.
3.  Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.  cool completely in pan or wire rack.  Cut into bars.  With tines of fork, drizzle chocolate chip drizzle randomly over bars.
*Makes 72 bars*

Chocolate Chip Drizzle – In a  small microwave-safe bowl, place 1/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips and 1/4 teaspoon shortening (do not use butter, margarine, spread or oil).  Microwave at high (100%) 30 seconds to 1 minute; stir until chips are melted and mixture is smooth.

You can substitute the chips called for in the recipe with your favorite chips.  I for one, have never used peanut butter chips for this.  I use 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips and 1 cup white chips.  What I’d like to try is substitute the chips with bits of chocolates, the ones left over from the holidays like Halloween or Christmas.  Hee hee. :)

These are how the blondies look in their Valentine packaging:

For my daughter’s teachers ;) – a tub with 14 pieces of blondies

For my friends ;) – gift boxes cum shipping boxes with 8 pieces of blondies

Have a wonderful Valentine’s Weekend, y’all!  Cheers and Mabuhay!

Comments

17 Responses to “Lasang Pinoy, Sundays #36: Blonde Brownies”

1. jeanny says:

looks good. Yummm!!!!

2. Gmirage says:

Wow, complete with a box! Youre really very creative and all Weng! ill try your recipe….sofort! :D or DHL! joke! Enjoy!

Gmirages last blog post..Food Friday – Pizza: Underwater?

Will definitely give this a go soon – thanks for sharing!

And yes, they look heavenly – good enough to eat – like always. ;)

Pinkys last blog post..LaPiS: I Love Food!

4. iska says:

Goodness! And sarap! Even the packaging looks great! Ka-swerte naman ng mga teachers :-)

iskas last blog post..Lasang Pinoy, Sundays: i ♥ FOOD

5. ces says:

♫thank you for being a friend ♫!!! oh ha!:) how lucky can i be! as i said, i can’t wait to see the fed ex guy knock on mah door! :) thanks thanks again wengski, and i can almost taste ’em! now i’m drooling! lol! love the photos too:) i hope your Vday is as fab as it should be!

cess last blog post..Lasang Pinoy, Sundays: i ♥ FOOD

6. julie says:

Wow, that looks good!

Nakuha mo ba ang address ko? :D

julies last blog post..I Love Food

7. Jay says:

wow these are awwzum :D

may na tira pa ba for me? :D

my entry is here

magandang araw ka-lasa-ista :)
    Salamat sa pagbisita :)

Jays last blog post..La.Pi.S # 36: I ♥ FOOD

8. Manang says:

Galing ng idea mo! Makopya nga next year. I bought some things for my sons to bring to school to give to their teachers and crushes. So next time, will do this, and then I will make the boys wrap them with love!

Manangs last blog post..Ube Cake Roll

9. bang says:

sarap!
    namiss ko tuloy ang baking….

bangs last blog post..Litratong Pinoy: Puso

10. These look wonderfully delicious and I love your gift presentations!

Tangled Noodles last blog post..A Sweet Sunday Thank You

11. […] are Blondies (Blonde Brownies) that my daughter gave her teachers for Valentine’s […]

12. Thess says:

I’ve been guarding our door like a mad dog, waiting for the postman! *lmao* Great packaging and thank you thank you thank you!!

Weng, better start your own bakery..pronto!!

13. mushroomsfromhome says:

i hope i get it also in the first try. gusto kong subukan. love the red tub with 14 blondies! love the name too!

14. Twinkie says:

Korek! Ang swerte nga ng mga guro ni Abby at pati ang iyong mga kaibigan. ;) Sweet and fabulous.

Twinkies last blog post..Share Bear

15. […] I really am blessed because a certain brunette from Texas sent me this box with her self-baked Blonde Brownies or Blondies. She sent out boxes to few of us lucky online buddies. I am so sorry  my dear readers because […]

16. Kerslyn says:

hmmm….I must try this recipe! thanks for sharing this. :-)

Kerslyns last blog post..Weekend Snapshot: Culinary Herbs

17. Cristina says:

I wanna try it! It looks so delicious!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!