Tuna and Cream Cheese Maki

Cream cheese was my most used ingredient between Feb 27 and March 7.  I used it to make Strawberry Napoleones (February 27th) and Chocolate Chip Cream Cheese Coffee Cake (March 6th).  Hubby and I also snacked on crackers and cream cheese while watching tv one night.  And because March 6th was meatless Friday, I made Tuna and Cream Cheese Maki for lunch.

This was a hit with both Hubby and my daughter, which didn’t come as a surprise.  We just happen to love rice and nori and practically whatever filling they might come with…tuna or salmon, avocado, mango, cucumber, imitation crab,  tamago, unagi, etc.

I’m happy to be able to roll my own maki.  That translates to huge savings!  A tray of skinny makis costs upwards of $5.00 at the supermarket. It’s more costly at a restaurant!  If we had lunch at a maki joint, we could have easily spent $30.00!  I’m definitely happy. :D

My daughter’s school lunch that Friday was tuna sandwich.  I was left with a good amount of tuna spread in the fridge.   That’s what I used to make the maki.  I just paired it with cream cheese, which I have lots of!  I was able to make 20 fat pieces of maki.  That amount is not enough for us maki lovers, so I made an extra 10 pcs with just cream cheese. :D

I’ve now ran out of nori wrappers.  I.have.to.buy.more!

Have a great week ahead, y’all!  Cheers!

*This is entry #46 for .*

Comments

8 Responses to “Tuna and Cream Cheese Maki”

1. tigerfish says:

Sounds delicious :)

tigerfishs last blog post..Salmon Cake Pattie with Mango Salsa

Hi Tigerfish! Sounds and tastes delicious! Hahaha! Thanks for dropping by. :)

2. sassy mom says:

Perfect for this season of Lent. Thanks for sharing!

Hi Sassy Mom! I like how Lent challenges me to come up with something new or give old meatless favorites a make-over. Haha! Thanks for dropping by! :)

3. Ebie says:

This is a wise idea, using tuna spread, I presume from the can. I should try this someday.

Ebies last blog post..A Day @ the Greystone Mansion, Part 1

Hi Ebie! Yes, the tuna came from the can. I thought it’s ok to use tuna spread because the Japanese use Japanese mayo in some of their sushi anyway. ;) Go give this a try. I like that I save a lot by rolling my own maki. Haha! Thanks for the visit!

4. Shawty says:

I’m a picky eater and i thought i should give this ago at first it was great but after 10minutes i was vomiting it just didnt agree with my stomache for some reason… But the taste was brilliant… But unfortunetly would not be eating it again..

Hi Shawty! I’m sorry to hear this maki combination didn’t quite agree with your tummy. I hope the tummy ache didn’t last very long.