My Kitchen Stadium

*This is entry #40 for Lasang Pinoy, Sundays (La.Pi.S.).*

This week’s theme for La.Pi.S. is “My Kitchen”.  It’s a good thing I have photos of what I consider to be my very own “kitchen stadium” even if I am not what you might call an iron chef.  Hee.  These photos were taken on October 23 at after 1am.  Oh I remember that night.  Late as it was, I had this itch to give the kitchen some cleaning.

This is as clean and clear as it gets.  With the amount of cooking, baking and just recently, cake decorating,  that I do, it is not unusual to see a a pack of sugar or flour on the counter.

This area with the kitchen sink is my “prep station”.  That corner is reserved for the Kitchen Aid stand mixer that I will own…someday.  Hahaha!  For now, there’s a handmixer on that spot and a big tub of cookie cutters which I have yet to put away.

This area where the stove and microwave are is my cooking station.  All our kitchen appliances are white.  That was not something we planned.  It just so happened that when we moved, we received a white rice cooker and toaster.  So we found ourselves buying white kitchen appliances.  :)

My dream kitchen looks a lot different.  Just thinking about it puts a smile to my face.  No Discount Blinds allowed.  Haha!  As my Mom would say, it’s free to dream.  ;)

Have a great weekend, y’all!

Comments

28 Responses to “My Kitchen Stadium”

1. JMom says:

I was actually thinking of posting my dream kitchen instead of my small, cramped and messy kitchen. lol! Pwede kaya?

Also, how come I never get the ‘itch’ to clean? Ang ganda ng kitchen mo, Weng. I love that you have a spot reserved for your kitchen aid already!

Hi JMom! Wala namang magagawa si Ces if you post photos of your dream kitchen. Hahaha! My kitchen doesn’t always look like this. That’s why when I cleaned it that late October night, I had to take a picture. I do love my kitchen. It’s just the right size for the three of us. But my dream kitchen is twice as big. With an island that has its own sink! ;) I reserved that corner for my future stand mixer as part of my visualization process. Hahaha! Kitchen Aid stand mixer, come to Munchkin Mommy! :)

Have a great weekend, JMom! :)

2. Very nice, very clean kitchen! How do you do it, super mom? :)

Hi Mimi! How do I do it? Hahaha! Good question! I will myself to do it because I am more comfortable when I have room to move and room for all the ingredients, bowls, chopping board, etc. :) Cleaning, clearing and dishwashing are my least favorite kitchen chores, of course, specially after a baking adventure. :D

3. ces says:

lucky you, you have a granite top, ako dito make believe formica:( in blue pa huhuhu…i cannot alter that anymore but my breakfast nook a.k.a office station..i managed to paint red kc ba naman eggplant color dati! hahaha! nice Wengski!:)

cess last blog post..Lasang Pinoy, Sundays: from my kitchen…to yours

Hi Ces! I had vern simplre requirements when Hubby was apartment hunting: stove/oven, microwave, dishwasher and a stainless steel fridge. Bonus na lang yung granite counter tops. :) Ok ang taste ng previous renters ng place niyo ah! Hee hee! :)

4. raquel says:

at least your appliances are color coordinated. :) i have a tendency to buy stuff from garage sales so none of my treasured mini appliances match in color. and i, too, have formica top–in green (i don’t like green). but at least it is not avocado green… our refrigerator was avocado green (very 70s I was told) matching my avocado green sink! :):) thanks for sharing your kitchen….

raquels last blog post..Lasang Pinoy Sundays: my Kitchen

Hi Raquel! It was a clean start for us when we moved so except for a few appliances which we received as gifts, all our other kitchen utensils and appliances (except for the stove, microwave, fridge and dishwasher) are new. When we are blessed with our own home, I’ll probably keep the white motif going, or maybe black and white, as far as the appliances are concerned. :) And then maybe I can have one key appliance in a loud color, like red. Oh, I don’t know. :D

5. g says:

Yayyy! Ang ganda! pati lighting ample din…we have the same cut (almost) pati kung nasaan ang isang pinto…

Dont visit me yet, makalat pa lol! ;)

gs last blog post..Ruby Tuesday – Strawberry nutty cake

HI G! Thank you. Speaking of lighting, we have to change two light bulbs. Dumidilim na ngayon sa kitchen. I love your kitchen, too! I’ll drop by later today. ;)

6. Julie says:

Galing, ang linis.

And the space for the kitchen aid, FTW :)

Happy Sunday, Weng!

Julies last blog post..Fresh Tomatoes

Hi Julie! Don’t be deceived. My kitchen isn’t always this maaliwalas. Haha! Have a great week ahead! :)

7. iska says:

If that isn’t the dream kitchen yet, I wonder how one would look like…
    That is definitely good enough for me :-)

iskas last blog post..My Kitchen

Hi Iska! My dream kitchen will look so much different from the one I have right now. Nevertheless, I’m thankful for my current kitchen. It works for a family our size. Whenever I see photos of beautiful kitchens on magazines or actual model kitchens in Ikea, I always tell myself it’s such a waste if those kitchen are for display only…I mean if no one actually cooks in them! Since I became a SAHM two years ago, I think I’ve already earned the right to a beautiful kitchen. Hahaha! :D

8. You have a lovely kitchen Weng! It’s nice to see where you create all those yummy dishes you share on your blog. My hubby also wants to have his own Kitchen Aid mixer.

Rach (Heart of Rachel)s last blog post..Weekend Snapshot #65

Hi Rach! Thank you and welcome to my kitchen! :) This kitchen has been witness to a lot of kitchen triumphs and disasters as well. If only kitchens could talk! I’m glad they can’t. haha! :D

ang linis! and just enough to do your magic in the kitchen! and being where we are, yung kitchen namin can fit half a person, haha!!

abbys last blog post..Lasang Pinoy, Sundays: Bread

Hi Abs! Yes, the kitchen is just the right size…but I want a BIGGER kitchen! I think I want two ovens, too! Hee hee! :D I need to do a heck of a lot of positive thinking! :D

10. purplegirl says:

Weng, your kitchen is my favorite kase there are so many baked goodies that come out of it. Bow ako sa yo, Ms. Lovely Baker!!!

purplegirls last blog post..Lasang Pinoy Sundays: Kitchens

Hi Purplegirl! Thank you! Ms. Lovely Baker? What happened to Bread Pudding Fairy? Hahaha! I’ll drop by your kitchen in a while. I’ve already seen preview pics on Bloglines. Ahlavet! Akin na lang kahit yung basement kitchen! :D

11. miriam says:

looks very efficient and well-designed. love your visualization process…am sure you will get your kitchen aid soon.

Hi Miriam! I actually bought myself a Kitchen Aid mixer last December. I returned it after a week, unopened. :) I thought I got a good deal when I bought it but I was wrong. Anyway, the next one will be the real deal. No return, no exchange! :D

12. luna miranda says:

wow, you have a beautiful kitchen! at mukhang gamit na gamit talaga.

luna mirandas last blog post..Weekend Snapshot: Rizal Shrine

Hi Luna! Thank you! And you’re right, this kitchen is gamit na gamit! :)

13. Thess says:

talaga naman po, naglinis sa disoras ng gabi? :D Weng, I must agree with Iska! Eh dream kitchen ko na ganitong klase sa iyo ano!

Hi Thess! Nagulat nga si D when I started cleaning the kitchen after midnight. Hee hee! Mas masarap kasi diba pag ang sasalubong sa’yong kusina sa umaga ay malinis at ready na madumihan ulit? Haha! Hindi ito ang dream kitchen, promise. Haha! :D

14. Judi says:

Nice kitchen. My husband recently added a closet to my kitchen area and I now have beautifully clean counters and everything I need is close at hand. I don’t have your beautiful granite counters…. yet hehe

Judis last blog post..Closet Project

yey, proudly, pwede kong sabihin na nakatungtong na ako sa iyong kitchen stadium :D napaka-magical ng kitchen mo, kung ano-anong yumminess ang nag-a-appear hehehe!

haay dami ko nang utang sa LaPis, will get to it, soon! :D