FoodieWednesday: Parmesan Crusted Chicken

Wifespeaks: Foodie Wednesday

This week’s central theme over at WifeSpeaks is “Money Matters” or “The Money Factor”.  I thought I’d share a budget friendly recipe that I tried recently.  I got it from the label of Hellmann’s Light Mayonnaise.  ;)  Never underestimate the recipe on a food label!  It might turn out to be really good, just like this Parmesan Crusted Drummettes.  I am almost sure that most of you will already have all 4 ingredients needed in your pantry and fridge.

INGREDIENTS:

your favorite chicken parts  (about 4 to 5 of the larger pieces)
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
seasoned dry bread crumbs

DIRECTIONS:

1.  Combine mayonnaise and cheese.  Spread on chicken, then roll in bread crumbs.
2.  Bake at 425F for 20 minutes or until thoroughly cooked.

I used 10 pieces of chicken drummettes.  The amount of mayo and cheese in this recipe may be good for upto 15 pieces of drummettes.  I also used light mayonnaise.  You may substitute the parmesan cheese with your favorite kind of cheese.  Regular mayo would also be fine, too, if you’re not too fond of light mayo.

For the bread crumbs, I used the zesty variety for most of the chicken pieces and used just regular bread crumbs for the pieces I saved for my daughter. If you could get your hands on Italian seasoned  bread crumbs, well and good. :)

This is great with salad, if you’re using chicken breasts, as an appetizer or as main course.  This would make for a good potluck dish as well, whether for parties at home or picnics at the park…even the ones for rvs. Hee hee. :)

Update: 17Jul09

I made this again for lunch today.  This time, I used the wing part. :D  I just thought I’d share the photos with you.  :)

It’s as yummy if not yummier than the first time. ;)  The photos look better, too…I think. :D

Comments

13 Responses to “FoodieWednesday: Parmesan Crusted Chicken”

1. My mouth is watering like crazy!! Must try this recipe this weekend!

Hi Mimi! I’m curious…did you get to try this recipe over the weekend?! :D

2. jeng says:

This looks yummy and very simple to make. Very timely because I bought some chicken thighs and I was thinking of what to do with them. ; )

Hi Jeng! Isn’t the recipe crazy simple?! My husband and my little girl loved it. I’d love to hear how your parmesan chicken turns out. Thanks for dropping by! :)

3. avril says:

My mouth waters looking at your parmesan chicken.

4. Jigi says:

this recipe is indeed crazy simple yet the response from my family was so good they want me to do it again… thanks for sharing this and i did my own version too with some tweaks abit – you can find it here:

thanks again for saving my sanity on what to cook … now I have to try your cookies & cream cupcake – bought all that I needed for this one… will let you know how it went

cheers
    Jigi
    .-= Jigi´s last blog ..Our Princess is now 1 Month old =-.

5. odette says:

wow, very simple recipe weng, and it sounds so yummilicious!
    i copied it. ^-^
    .-= odette´s last blog ..one year in the cold =-.

Hi Odette! Did you ever get around to trying this recipe? Please do let me know if and when. :D *mwah*

6. Manang says:

Pareho tayo. I also made the same thing from Hellman’s mayo label, but the one I made was with stuffing, then I added plain broccoli florets in a separate baking bowl during the latter part of baking to make it a complete meal. Alam mo naman, mixed ang family ko. I could have enjoyed these only with rice, but with an Am hubby and stepd, stuffing is a yummy sub for rice.
    Here’s how I did it:http://kusinanimanang.blogspot.com/2006/10/parmesan-crusted-chicken.html
    .-= Manang´s last blog ..Cream Cheese Squares =-.

Hi Manang! I now always check out the recipes on food labels. Baka sakaling makajackpot ulit. Haha! I’m off to your site now to check out your version of this recipe.

7. […] dishes I brought to the party were Beef Salpicao, Parmesan Crusted Wings, Halayang Ube (more on this in an upcoming post), Leche Flan and Lumpiang Hubad, a dish prepared by […]

8. […] we are. :)  We had a tray each of wings and drumettes in the freezer.  The wings, I used to make Parmesan Crusted Wings.  The drumettes, I used to make  Baked Hot & Spicy […]

9. […] Pasta Alfredo and Parmesan Crusted Chicken Wings – Since school started, I’ve added Short Order Cook to my list of titles, right below Mommy Awesomeness.  Kidding!  :P  I made my own Alfredo Sauce  and the wings were set-aside from Tuesday night’s dinner.  I’ve forgotten how easy it is to make this creamy white sauce.  Now that I remember, no more buying bottled alfredo sauce.  You can find the Alfredo Sauce recipe HERE and the Parmesan Crusted Chicken recipe HERE. […]