Maki Monday

Yesterday was Maki Monday here at home, an extension of our Sushi Sunday.  An extension was necessary because one, we are just plain crazy about sushi and two, I wasn’t quite satisfied with how I rolled our Sunday sushi.  I needed to redeem myself.  And redemption I got, if I may say so myself. ;)

These rolls may look the same as the ones I’ve posted in previous entries.  But believe you me when I say that there are differences.  For the first time, I used sushi rice and not our everyday jasmine rice.  Another first is the use of masago (seasoned capelin roe).  Last but not the least, I believe it’s also the first time I made the combinations you will see shortly.

Combo #1: Crab and Mango

My little girl loved this combination so much she was able to eat close to 10 pieces on Sushi Sunday!  She requested I make some again for Maki Monday. ;)

Combo #2: Crab, Mango and Masago

The masago was an impulse buy during a recent stop at the Japanese store.  I would have wanted some of the bigger masago as well but I couldn’t find any at the store.  Perhaps they just ran out.  Hopefully, I’ll get my hands on them next time.

My daughter loved the masago and how it kinda pops in the mouth when bitten.  Hee hee. :)

Combo #3: Tuna, Crab, Cream Cheese and Masago

This turned out to be hubby’s favorite combo, and mine, too!  I’ve always loved tuna and cream cheese.  The addition of crab and masago made this combination even more lovable. :D

We can have sushi everyday. If these could help build muscles fast, we could be mistaken for body builders by now! Hee hee.

There’s practically no limit to the number of maki combinations one can come up with.  That said, this will definitely not be my last maki entry. ;)

Keep on rollin’!

Comments

6 Responses to “Maki Monday”

1. Keith says:

Yum, now I’m craving for those too!

Hi Keith! Go tell Pinky to make some now! :) Hee hee.

2. tin says:

hi weng! i missed visiting your blog! you’ve got tons of new and yummy entries. galing mo talaga. mwah!
    .-= tin´s last blog ..Sibling Love =-.

3. Camille says:

Weng, Na-try mo ba yung frozen masago sa MT? May nakita kami pero salmon roe yata but we were hesitating, so we did not buy it. (Tsaka nga pala allergic sa eggs si Sam) Kung i-recommend mo itra-try namin (he he) Is it ok to use straight from the can?

Mukhang gusto ko i-try ang crab and mango — anong mango ang ginamit mo, yung sa HEB?

Salamat ulit! Sabi ko na nga ba marami akong mapupulot dito sa website mo :) I was running out of ideas for the menu for the week!

Camille, hindi ko pa na-try yung masago sa MT. Oo, salmon roe nga yun! Sige, next time na mapunta kami sa MT, bibili kami at nang masubukan. Medyo matibay-tibay ang mga tummies namin sa mga taste test. Hee hee. :)

Yung mango na ginamit ko galing ng HEB. Pero alam mo, mas type ko yung packed mango slices sa Costco at yung fresh mangoes sa MT. Ipahinog mo na lang yung manggoes ng MT, pero tiyempuhan din yun.

Salamat sa pagbisita dito! :D

Yummy!!! Gotta grab some masago from the oriental store soon! :D
    .-= Pinky´s last blog ..Starting the Day Silly =-.