Fab at 50 Birthday Cake

Promise, just one more blog entry for tonight and then I’ll finally hit the sack for some much needed zzzzzs. :)

I spent a great part of today and last night in the kitchen working on yet another cake. It’s for a 50th birthday and I only had 2 days notice, receiving the request just last Thursday.  I didn’t really mind because I had everything I needed to bake and decorate a cake.  Plus, we didn’t have anything planned for today except for an evening of tennis, which I skipped for fear of ending up just tripping all over myself at the tennis court.

Back to the cake.  It  was to be a surprise gift to the birthday celebrant.  The giver wanted a fun cake for her friend.  The only detail about the birthday celebrant that was supplied to me was that she loved designer fashion…and cars.  The celebrant loves Louis Vuitton, Gucci, Chanel and BMW.  And that’s all l I needed to know to come up with a cake. *wink*

This was a super fun cake to make!  That much I can tell you!  I did have to spend some time doing research as I am clueless when it comes to designer purses.

I may not have anything from these designer brands (not yet! ) in my closet, but I can sure as heck make them out of gumpaste!  Hee hee hee.  The BMW keyholder was oversized.  I can’t possibly make it in a size that will fit in the purses. :P

LV, check.  LV is LOVE. ;)

Chanel, check.  I’m going Coco, err, loco! :D

Gucci, check.

To be fun, fashionable and fabulous at fifty is the way to go…at any age and budget for that matter!

I hope the recipient loved her cake as much as her giver did.  As much as I loved making it! This is an 8-inch Hershey’s Perfectly Chocolate Chocolate Cake with Custard Filling.

I can now sit back and relax, read ebooks, watch movies and enjoy the home theatre system wireless.  I just remembered, we don’t have a home theater!  I really need to get some sleep.  Hahaha!

Cheers, y’all!  Be fun and fabulous!  Mabuhay!

Comments

18 Responses to “Fab at 50 Birthday Cake”

1. mel says:

Hay naku mommy weng! Ang galing galing! Pwedeng pwede na mag business :) How i wish talaga you’re here! My mom’s celebrating her 70th this coming April and I got another new cake provider/maker… kinakabahan ako. LOL

Hi Mel!!! Thank you, thank you. Ooh, 70th birthday…that deserves a truly outstanding cake! Saan ka kinakabahan? Sa magiging outcome ng cake o sa presyo? Joke!!! :) Salamat sa pagdalaw, Melski! *muah*

2. mimi says:

Super ganda! Ang galing galing! I’m really proud of you! Hugs and kisses!

Hi Mimi, my biggest fan! Hahaha! Thank you for the praises. This is a cake that one of Abby’s ninangs will like very much. ;) Hugs and kisses back at yah! *muah*

weng grabe ang galing mo! the details are amazing! i love the tissue on the paper bags!

i’ve told you how happy i am for you, right? you’ve come such a loooong way from when we were exchanging chocolate crinkles recipe, hehe!

Hi Abs! Maraming salamat! I tried my best to have the purses look as close to the real ones as possible. Mahirap din palang gumawa ng super liliit na purses. Pero sobrang nakakaaliw! Yes, you’ve told me you’re happy for me…marami nang beses! Thank you! Napatunayan ko nang hindi false alarm ang success ng chocolate crinkles. Hahaha! *muah*

4. Maricel says:

Hi! May I ask what brand of cutters did you use for the lettering? Thanks!

Hi Maricel! For the name “Susan” and for “50”, I used uppcer case funky alphabet and number cutter set. For the words “fab at”, I used the lower case italics letter cutter set. The cutters are by FMM. I got them at a cake show but you can buy them at Amazon. :)

5. jonie says:

Hi, Ate super like all ur cakes. may i know how to make the fillings? like custard filling and strawberry and also to make the mocha chiffon. do i really need cake flour instead of all-purpose? and for your lettering what are you using? sorry i have to many questions. hope u can share it to me. thanks a lot and more power to you and your family. God bless.

6. […] more about this cake, click HERE. Posted in: Uncategorized | | Comments (0) Post […]

7. Maricel says:

Thanks for the info. It;s alreaady on my wish list. Isn’t it difficult to remove the letters from the cutters?

8. OSeñorita says:

Cute cake with lots of bags. Lovely!!!

9. Courtney says:

Hello there,

Great looking cake! I am making a happy feet cake for my nieces first birthday and decided to do a custard filling. My step dad went out and purchased Bird’s custard powder for me to use. I read the directions, but was wondering what do you do after its all cooked. Do you refrigerate it for a certain number of hours before putting it in the cake? Or do you put it in the cake when its cooled enough down and then refrigerate it? Hopefully you can answer this before Friday. Please help! Thanks. P.s. the shoes are adorable.

Hi Courtney! Whenever I use custard for filling, I just let it cool for a few minutes and then proceed to filling the cakes. Usually, while I’m waiting for the custard to cool, I go ahead and make my Italian Meringue Buttercream frosting. By the time I’m done making the frosting, the custard’s cool enough to be spread on the cakes. ;)

Thanks for dropping by! :)

10. Courtney says:

Oops the shoe comment was meant for the other cake, lol but this cake still looks amazing.

11. JO says:

wow! I’m speechless… that is just simply awesome.

Hi Jo! Thanks! I had so much fun making this cake. :)